(1) To submit a Booking to us, you will be required complete the prescribed booking form. You must be over the age of 18 and able to conclude binding contracts to submit a Booking to us. If you do not comply with the aforesaid you may not submit any Booking on this web site. We may require you to provide us with suitable documents proving your age prior to accepting any Booking from you.
(2) You may submit Booking requests to us by completing our online Booking process and submitting your payment information to us in the prescribed manner. Our Booking process will provide you with an opportunity to review the entire transaction, to correct any mistakes and to withdraw from the transaction before finally submitting your Booking request. Please make sure that the Booking details are correct before finally submitting the Booking request, since it is unlikely that any mistake you make can be rectified later. We may limit your Bookings in respect of any Service Component to a specified number of persons to discourage unfair booking practices.
(4) A legally binding contract will be formed with you upon the earlier of (i) our sending of such a confirmation notice confirming our acceptance of your Booking., or (ii) our delivery to you of the Travel Documents pertaining to the Booking in accordance with these terms. We reserve the right not to accept or process your Booking request and we will notify you if this is the case. In particular, we may refuse to accept your Booking for Service Components for lack of availability or if you do not meet the specified qualification criteria, including if you do not comply with the minimum age for the particular Service Component stipulated by law or if the number of persons in your Booking exceeds any applicable limit specified for the relevant Service Component.
(5) Please note that while we will try to send to you a confirmation notice for every valid Booking request we receive from you, we cannot guarantee that such confirmation notice will be received by you, nor that, if they are received by you, that they will be legible and uncorrupted. Your failure to receive such confirmation notice will not affect the validity of the agreement concluded in respect of a Booking.
(6) If you do not receive a confirmation notice after submitting your payment information, or if you experience an error message or service interruption after submitting your payment information, you should confirm with our Customer Care Centre whether or not your order has been received and processed. Only you may be aware of any problems that may have occurred during the Booking process. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES YOU MAY INCUR IF YOU ASSUME THAT A BOOKING WAS NOT PROCESSED BECAUSE YOU FAILED TO RECEIVE OUR CONFIRMATION NOTICE.
(7) The information you have submitted with your Booking request will be processed as you have provided it. If you realise that an error has been made or that you need to make a change to such information, you should contact our Customer Care Centre immediately.
(9) A complete record of your Booking will be sent to the email address you provide to us during the Booking process. You should retain such record. We will also retain records of completed Bookings made by you for a period of at least 6 (six) months, but they will not be available on this site. For access and information on such records you can contact our Customer Care Centre.
(10) If any problems arise in respect of delivery or the handling of your Bookings please contact our Customer Care Centre.
(1) The details of the Service Components in respect of which Bookings can be made via this site are described on the site (including the details of the relevant Suppliers). Such descriptions are provided to us by the relevant Suppliers. WE DO NOT ENDORSE ANY OF THE SERVICE COMPONENTS AND WE DO NOT DETERMINE OR CONTROL THE DELIVERY, PRICES OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICE COMPONENTS AND CAN THEREFORE NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY INACCURACY, UNAVAILABILITY OR CHANGES IN PRICING THAT MAY OCCUR. WE ARE ALSO NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SECURITY OR ARRANGEMENTS FOR ANY SERVICE COMPONENT, OR FOR THE SUITABILITY OR QUALITY OF ANY TRAVEL DOCUMENT OR SERVICE COMPONENT, OR YOUR USE OR ENJOYMENT OF ANY SERVICE COMPONENT. PLEASE CONTACT THE RELEVANT SUPPLIER IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH ANY OF THE AFORESAID.
(2) Star ratings for accommodation are used to symbolise the overall quality, level of service, food standard and range of facilities available at the particular establishment. The criteria applied within each country will vary depending on the specific requirements established by the relevant issuing body where such a body exists, since some countries do not use star ratings for official categorisation of accommodation. You should independently verify the quality of accommodation. RELIANCE ON SUCH RATINGS IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
(3) The making of Bookings via this web site depends upon the availability of the relevant Service Components. We may without prior notice change the price, discontinue the availability or change the description of Service Components which are made available via this web site. Special promotions may be subject to certain additional terms and conditions.
(4) The costs associated with travel arrangements are not always stable, and currency movements can fluctuate sharply. It is impossible to predict these movements in advance. When you book a Service Component, we reserve the right to pass on any surcharges to you. Surcharges may be imposed to cover increases in transportation costs, including the costs of fuel and security charges, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and airports, or exchange rates applied to the particular package. The price of travel arrangements will remain fixed only once full payment of the Booking concerned is received.
(5) Airfares are subject to the prices and conditions quoted by the particular airlines and cannot be guaranteed by us. The onus is on you to ascertain whether there have been any changes in these prices before making final payment thereof.
(6) Unless otherwise stated, all prices displayed on this web site are in South African Rand. All prices indicated as applying to Service Components on this web site will be exclusive of any delivery fees for Travel Documents which may be applicable and which will be separately charged to you in respect of all deliveries in accordance with the specified rates. In the event of a cancellation, exchange or change to a Booking at your request a stipulated handling fee and/or cancellation fee may also apply.
(7) All prices indicated as applying to Service Components on this web site will be inclusive of VAT but exclusive of any other taxes and duties, which, unless otherwise indicated, will be charged separately if applicable.
(1) You will be required to provide the necessary payment account details (such as credit card details) when submitting your Booking request. . By submitting a Booking request to us, you authorise us to debit your designated account with the relevant amounts due for the Service Components ordered. Such authorization will allow us to obtain payment at any time after our confirmation of your Booking. We will not be obliged to issue any Travel Documents to you prior to receiving payment of the full agreed amount payable in respect of such Booking. Should we be unable to duly effect such payment for any reason your Booking may be cancelled and the Service Components of your Package may be resold to another customer without further notice. You warrant that you are duly authorised to make payments from the account designated by you. You also authorise us to pay all amounts to be refunded to you into such account.
(1) We will provide you with an itinerary, Booking number and other electronic Travel Documents upon or following confirmation of your Booking of a Service Component or Package. Such Travel Documents will be provided to you electronically via our web site or at the email address provided by you. It is your responsibility to make and securely retain such copies thereof as may be required to exercise your rights in respect of the relevant Booking. When arriving at the relevant Supplier you may be required to present your credit card, reasonably acceptable photo identification (passport, identity document and/or driver’s license) and any relevant Booking number and/or other relevant Travel Documents that we may have issued to you in respect of the particular Booking. The relevant Supplier will not be obliged to honor the Booking unless you provide it with such proof of your Booking as it may reasonably require.
(2) It may sometimes be appropriate to collect Travel Documents from our Money Market kiosks. When arriving at the relevant kiosk you may be required to present your credit card, reasonably acceptable photo identification (passport, identity document and/or driver’s license) and any relevant Booking number and/or other relevant Travel Documents that we may have issued to you electronically in respect of the particular Booking. We will not be obliged to provide you with any further Travel Documents unless you provide it with such proof of your Booking as we may reasonably require.
(3) You should check all details of the Travel Documents (including the itinerary) upon receipt thereof. If there are any inaccuracies on any of the Travel Documents, or should you have any further queries, you should contact us immediately. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY AND/OR LOSS OCCASIONED AS A RESULT OF ANY INACCURACIES ON ANY TRAVEL DOCUMENTS.
It is your responsibility to reconfirm the departure date and times of all flights at least 72 hours prior to anticipated departure. This is particularly important in respect of subsequent journeys once leaving South Africa. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DELAY AND/OR LOSS AS A RESULT OF YOUR FAILURE TO RECONFIRM ANY FLIGHT AND/OR CONNECTING FLIGHT.
(1) If you wish to make a change to the Booking we will endeavour to assist in making the change. You will be responsible for the payment of all charges, whatever kind, imposed by the Suppliers providing the affected Service Components when amending a Booking. Fares will be re-quoted at the time of amendment. An administration fee may be charged by us for each amendment. Furthermore, all extra expenses incurred by you as a result of any such change will be for your account.
(2) Should your Booking be for a group at a discounted rate and, subsequently, we permit you to amend the actual group number for which the Booking was made so that the final group number no longer qualifies for the particular discount, an additional charge may become payable. Should you not pay such additional charge promptly following the Booking being amended, we may cancel the Booking and refund all payments already made in respect thereof less any administration fee and provided that reasonable cancellation charges as determined by the relevant Suppliers may be charged and deducted from such refund.
(3) You may cancel your Booking in respect of any Service Component booked via this web site at any time prior to the scheduled date of use thereof by sending a cancellation notice email@example.com or calling our Customer Care Centre on 0861 915 4000. An administration fee may be charged by us for each cancellation. When you cancel any part of your Booking you must provide us with the relevant Booking number. If you cancel a Service Component or Booking for whatsoever reason, you will be refunded any fee amount already paid in respect of the cancelled Service Components, provided that reasonable cancellation charges as determined by the relevant Suppliers may be charged and deducted from such refund.
(4) Unless otherwise stipulated by a Supplier and depending on the prevailing circumstances the following cancellation charges may apply:
(5) Travel schedules are provided by Suppliers and may be subject to Air Traffic Control or other restrictions. All means of transportation are subject to weather conditions, the need for constant maintenance, and the ability of passengers to check-in on time. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT FLIGHTS, FERRIES, SHIPS, TRAINS OR COACHES WILL DEPART AT THE TIMES STATED IN THE TRAVEL DOCUMENTS. ALL TIMINGS ARE ESTIMATES ONLY.
(6) IN THE EVENT OF THERE BEING AN UNSCHEDULED CHANGE TO YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS, CAUSED BY FLIGHT DELAYS, BAD WEATHER, STRIKES, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE WHICH IS BEYOND OUR CONTROL, IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT THE EXPENSES RELATING TO THESE UNSCHEDULED CHANGES, (HOTEL ACCOMMODATION ETC.), WILL BE FOR YOUR ACCOUNT. WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY FOR CHANGES, OMISSIONS OR DELAYS BEFORE OR DURING THE COURSE OF ANY JOURNEY OCCASIONED BY TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES, WEATHER CONDITIONS, STRIKES OR COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWNS OR THE LIKE.
(7) Every reasonable effort is usually made by Suppliers to adhere to confirmed Bookings. However a Supplier may require cancellations of or changes to a Service Component from time to time. We will try to advise you of any such cancellation of or change to a Service Component of which we become aware. In case of a cancellation or significant change in respect of a Service Component, you may be entitled to cancel and require a refund from the relevant Supplier for which you will have to follow the procedures specified by the relevant Supplier. A change in the departure date, change to a departure time of more than 12 hours, change in accommodation reservation date or a change to a lower standard of accommodation than that which was booked generally constitute significant changes. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING ON ANY SERVICE COMPONENT. Please contact the relevant Supplier if you are dissatisfied with the cancellation of or change to a Service Component.
(1) RISK FOR LOSS AND DAMAGE TO TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, INCLUDING TRAVEL TICKETS, SHALL PASS TO YOU UPON YOUR RECEIPT THEREOF. In the event of an electronic Travel Documents being issued, you must at all times retain the reference numbers appearing thereon in order to enable the re-issue of such Travel Documents in the event that the original document is lost.
(2) The loss or theft of a travel ticket must be reported to us immediately. Certain Suppliers will not authorize us to issue a replacement ticket if such ticket is lost or stolen before departure. In the latter instance you will be required to purchase a new ticket, at your cost, until such time as we receive authority from the Supplier to make any refund to you, which may take up to 12 months to obtain, if at all. Should the Supplier authorize us to issue a replacement ticket, we will be entitled to charge a re-issue fee.
(3) Should your travel ticket be lost or stolen abroad it should be noted that certain Suppliers will not issue a duplicate ticket and it will be your responsibility to purchase a new ticket abroad at your cost. Upon return to South Africa you may apply to us for a refund of the amount spent on the lost or stolen ticket, but it is specifically recorded that any refund will be entirely at the discretion of the Supplier concerned and may take up to 12 months.
(4) It is further your responsibility to report the lost or stolen ticket to the authorities concerned and to provide us with the proof of such report, if required.
Reselling of Packages or Service Components thereof, booked with us is strictly prohibited. Any resale of any tickets or other components of a Package purchased from us (or attempt) will entitle us to cancel such tickets and to resell them. No Package, Service Component, Booking, or part thereof, acquired from us may be used for advertising, promotion or competition purposes unless formal written authorization has been obtained from us, provided that even if such consent is obtained, you may not use our trademarks or the trademarks of any Supplier save as expressly thereto by the relevant trade mark holder.
(1) WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DELIVERING ON ANY SERVICE COMPONENT. In the event that you have any reason to complain, or experience any problems regarding a Service Component or Package, you should immediately inform the relevant Supplier thereof.
(2) If you still remain dissatisfied, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our Customer Care Centre on 0861 915 8000 during normal working hours. We will require your Booking reference and full details of the complaint. We will try to do our best to resolve such problem but do not guarantee same.
We will try to ensure that sensitive payment information (such as your credit card details) provided to us are suitably protected. For such purposes we will implement reasonable security measures which may include cryptographic techniques to protect such information. HOWEVER, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ABSOLUTE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US OR THAT IS TRANSMITTED TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
(2) Use or enjoyment of a Service Component may be hazardous to the health or safety of the users or their property. YOU UTILISE SERVICE COMPONENTS AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ARRANGEMENTS OF ANY SERVICE COMPONENT OR FOR YOUR SECURITY AND SAFETY OR THE SECURITY AND SAFETY OF YOUR PROPERTY IN UTILISING SUCH SERVICE COMPONENT. Please contact the relevant Supplier if you have suffered any loss or damage in utilising a Service Component.
(1) ALTHOUGH WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE PARTICULARS OF THE SERVICE COMPONENTS THAT APPEAR ON THIS WEB SITE ARE DISPLAYED AND DESCRIBED COMPLETELY AND ACCURATELY, WE DO NOT WARRANT SAME AND DISCLAIM TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM ANY OMISSIONS AND INACCURACIES PERTAINING TO SUCH DISPLAY AND DESCRIPTION SAVE TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LIABILITY IS CAUSED BY OUR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OR FRAUD.
(2) WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BOOKING (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STATUTE OR DELICT, INCLUDING FOR NEGLIGENCE), SAVE TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY LAW.
(3) IN NO EVENT WILL OUR AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR THE CLAIMS ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY BOOKING EXCEED THE FEES ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY US IN RESPECT OF THE SERVICE COMPONENT MOST CLOSELY ASSOCIATED WITH THE CLAIMS, IRRESPECTIVE OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STATUTE OR DELICT, INCLUDING FOR NEGLIGENCE), SAVE TO THE EXTENT THAT SUCH LIABILITY CANNOT BE EXCLUDED BY LAW.
It is strongly advised that you and those travelling with you take out adequate insurance cover such as cancellation due to illness, accident or injury, personal accident and personal liability, loss of or damage to baggage and sports equipment. Should your insurers dispute their liability for any reason, you will have recourse against the insurers only. Various credit card companies offer limited levels of travel insurance, which we do not necessarily consider sufficient cover for international travel. You must liaise with the respective credit card companies in order to obtain specific details of insurance coverage.
It is entirely your responsibility to ensure that all your passports and visas are current, valid, obtained on time and that any vaccinations, inoculations, prophylactics (e.g. for malaria) and the like, where required, have been obtained. Passports must be valid for 6 (six) months after return to South Africa. You should check the requirements with the travel agent before travelling. We may assist you if requested, but such assistance will be at our discretion and you acknowledge that in doing so, we are not assuming any obligation or liability. It is your duty to familiarise yourself with the inherent dangers of and mental and/or physical condition required for the proposed travel arrangements and destinations. You must ensure that the details supplied to us mirror those details shown on your passport for international travel and identity documents for local travel, and of that of any other person travelling with you.
Travelling with Children
New Immigration Amendment Act
The new regulations, effective on 01 June 2015, require that all parents arriving, transiting and departing from SA produce an unabridged birth certificate for their children. Families not in possession of these documents will be refused to travel. In the case where only one parent is travelling with the children, consent in the form of an affidavit from the other parent registered is required. Alternatively, either a court order granting full parental responsibilities and rights or a death certificate of the other parent must be produced.
(1) Taxes: We will try to advise you of all mandatory taxes, which you must pay before departure. However, many countries charge departure taxes that can only be paid locally. It is therefore recommended that you retain sufficient local currency to meet such charges. Details of departure taxes can be obtained from the relevant Supplier when reconfirming travel arrangement details.
(2) Medical Problems: You must ensure that all facilities offered are able to cater for any requirements from a medical / disability point of view and to make direct arrangements with the Supplier concerned in order to cater for your needs or that of any other person travelling with you.
(3) Renovations: Places providing accommodation undergo renovations from time to time and usually take all possible steps to limit disruption to their guests. We will not entertain complaints or requests for refunds if the establishment you stay at is carrying out renovations whilst you are there. If we are specifically advised of renovation work, we may provide you with the relevant dates. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE ARE NOT ALWAYS NOTIFIED BY THE RELEVANT SUPPLIERS.
(4) Charges to your credit card: Any charges made to your credit card whilst away remain your responsibility. We will not be responsible, nor accept responsibility for having these charges reversed or corrected.
(5) Drivers Licence: Even if you have obtained an international drivers licence, we suggest that you take your national driver's licence with you.
16.1. We and our commercial partners may use your personal data for the purposes of executing transactions concluded with you, for billing purposes or in order to serve relevant advertising to you. We and our affiliates in the Shoprite Group (including inter alia Shoprite Checkers (Pty) Ltd and its various retail, furniture and liquor divisions), may send you information, special offers and advertising by email, through SMS, within our regular newsletters, through once-off promotional offers or by telephone.
16.2. We may also make available your personal information to our affiliates (who may be located outside South Africa) in order to enable them to offer goods and services to you that they think will interest you. By using our services and by submitting your personal details, you consent to this transfer and to receive direct marketing material from us and/or our affiliates.
16.3. We may receive information about you from reliable third parties and add it to our database. We shall ensure that such third parties operate a similar policy to us in relation to your privacy. When we receive such information, we shall use it to improve the personalisation of our service.
16.4. If you do not want to receive the information as set out in clause 10.2 above then please send an e-mail to us at email@example.com or contact our Customer Care Centre on 0800 01 07 09