• 7-night cruise in a Riverview stateroom on the exquisite S.S. Antoinette
• All meals on-board, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
• 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
• Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
• Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
• Unlimited beverages on-board, including fine wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, and mineral water
• 4 countries
• 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
• Guided “Do as the Locals Do,” “Village Day,” and “Gentle Walking” programs
• 3 UNESCO World Heritage sites
• Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
• State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio–headset system on all shore excursions
• Use of bicycles and Nordic walking sticks
• Captivating on-board local entertainment
• Cultural enrichment, including a Signature Lecture: “The Rhine River: Shaping European History from the Romans to the European Union”
• Exclusive Multigenerational Family-Friendly Program on select July departures
Cruise along the Rhine—Germany on one side, France on the other. Discover Alsace, whose dual French and German heritage has given it fabulous food and a winemaking tradition that goes back to the Romans. Marvel at castles that were once mighty fortresses and get an insider’s look at one of the only castles on the Rhine that has never been destroyed, Marksburg Castle. Visit historic cities, including ancient Cologne and picturesque Strasbourg; stroll through the fairytale towns of Riquewihr, Kaysersberg and Rüdesheim; and taste delightful white wines in the villages where the grapes are grown. Beethoven and Byron loved the romantic landscapes of the Rhine River, and the beauty that inspired them is still yours to experience
Sale period: 26 March – 31 December 2018
Tours operates with current availability between July - November 2018.
|R52,400 p.p. Land only|
Fares are per guest in South African Rands based on double occupancy. 10% deposit of the cruise fare per person within 72 hours of booking. Final payment is due 120 days prior to departures. Reservations can be cancelled if final payment is not received in a timely manner. Plus port charges R2 100 per person
Situated in the heart of Europe, and bordering nine other countries, Germany is an established and worthwhile destination on any tour of the subcontinent. Its land is wide and varied, with turreted castles nestled below snow-capped mountains, lush river valleys, dark and mysterious forests and bustling medieval villages. This is the land of fairytales, where farmland minstrels headed to Bremen to become musicians, where Sleeping Beauty was woken and Little Red Riding Hood ventured into the woods.
Despite the beauty and romantic associations of the German countryside, most first-time visitors head straight for one of the country's famous cities. Germany's big cities each have something unique to offer the visitor. Each year millions of litres of beer are consumed in Munich during the city's Oktoberfest, where locals and visitors discover true German revelry and 'gemutlichkeit' (a word the locals use to describe a comfortable, sociable environment). Berlin promises an abundance of attractions for sightseeing, from the iconic Brandenburg Gate to the path of the old Berlin Wall, and the capital's vibrant nightlife is still evocative of its height in the 1920s and 30s, as characterised by the songs of Marlene Dietrich, the theatre of Brecht and the Film 'Cabaret'. Frankfurt is Germany's financial powerhouse, promising business opportunities and great shopping and dining experiences. Hamburg offers a picturesque urban experience, full of canals, parks and gardens.
Discover the country that gave us Beethoven and Bauhaus, Goethe and Glühwein, Lager and Lederhosen - Germany seldom disappoints!